Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Something I couldn't explain...

As another lightning scarred the sky

I felt the end fairly nigh

But it all started so normal today

Then why did it have to end this way.


I woke at 5 and washed my face

And prepared to enter the daily race

Reached the school a little late

But I guess it was all decided by fate.


Half day through, the world had changed

The little world that I used to call mine

The shrieks, the cries were all that remained

After the interference, supposedly divine.


I was alone and I was scared

I felt a sudden tinge of pain

I don’t know why this feeling flared

I guess it was something I couldn’t explain.


I searched the mangles for my lost school friends

I already felt at the end of the rope

With all lost, I closed my eyes

Hoping against every shred of hope.


I searched and searched till the time I could

Until my legs gave away

And that is when I understood

All I could really do was pray.


I did pray to you, oh god.

I begged my life of thee

Then why didn’t you stop that wave, almighty?

As it slowly engulfed me.


Tears rolled down my cheek at that time

Seeing all my efforts go in vain

I wasn’t afraid ‘coz I was dying, I was just sad

That it was something I couldn’t explain.


NOTE: This poem is dedicated to all the tsunami affected people in Japan. You people did not deserve what you had to endure. Rest in peace. The whole world is praying for you.

4 comments:

  1. yeah it is really something that we may never explain....
    u r really so great poet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice poem re.....poet ban ja engineering chod ke bhaag ja...:P:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @prani: hehe.. isi ka toh darr hai.. kahin sahi mein bhagna na pade.. :P

    ReplyDelete